Part of the reason I created this blog was to hold myself accountable to financial and personal goals.
With that, here are mine for 2016.
- Hit 400K in net worth.
- Payoff 50K in debt. We would like to payoff the 401K loan and most of the loan listed as Mortgage #2.
- Max out Roth by the end of the 2016 tax year (some of this may actually happen in 2017)
- Get our wills and other documents in order.
- Lose 30lbs.
- Have a successful marriage. Don’t get me wrong, my marriage right now is really good. But I don’t ever want to take it for granted.
- Learn to install tile. OK, a random one. In an effort to be budget conscious with our new property, we decided to do the tiling work for a bathroom that we had redone. We have two other baths in our house so we have some time to do the work ourselves on this one.
- Take a trip. (see #6), my wife and I really haven’t gone on any ‘real vacations’ since we got married. Although we regularly go back to the Midwest for the holidays to see family, we really haven’t taken a vacation just to take a vacation IE a beach, a winery, a foreign country, a national park. Hopefully we can change that this next year.
- Be successful in my career. Honestly, knock on wood, I feel pretty good about things. I have been with my current company about 8 years now. I know the ropes, get along with my boss, like my company, the work life balance and am comfortable with my compensation. However my company is merging for the second time in 12 months, so there is a chance that I could end up looking for a job. Hopefully things work out.
What are your goals for 2016?